Quran is the source of happiness
Quran is the source of happiness Throughout our whole lives we search for happiness but ignore the ‘Good news’, ‘the Mercy’ and ‘the medication that await for us in this blessed book, the divine speech of Allah SWT. Quran is the only source and reason for happiness. Our relationship with the Qur’an is a reflection of our relationship and love for Allah SWT. Connecting and developing a relationship with the Qur’an is a blessing from Allah SWT for the Muslims and those on whom Allah SWT bestows this favor taste sweetness when reciting, memorizing, and pondering over its verses. They would tell you it brings a feeling of joy, fulfillment, tranquility and ultimate happiness in this world. Not comparable to any joy of this material world. The reason why there are many people who are unhappy today is because they are away from this source of happiness. The Qur’an is a book sent to mankind as a blessing from Allah SWT but to recognize and feel its virtue is attained only through building a close relationship with it.
Many of us struggle to develop the relationship with the Qur’an due to our disobedience and sins that shackle our hearts and cover it with darkness. We obey and give preference to our desires and lusts of this world and are racing in rivalry with each other when it comes to wealth and children. Therefore the recitation has no impact on our closed hearts.
Quran is a source of light
The Qur’an being ‘Noor’ (light) will only penetrate a heart that is clean and pure in love for Him SWT; the heart that puts Allah SWT and His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) first in all its matters. The Qur’an is referred to as the ‘ruh’ (soul) in the Qur’an, so like a human is dead without a soul; a heart is dead without the Qur’an. The famous scholar Ibn Al-Qayyim stated, “Actually, there’s a Paradise in Dunya, and whoever does not enter or see it, will never enter the Paradise in the hereafter, when they asked him to tell them which Paradise he is talking about, he told them that it’s the Paradise of Faith”… No doubt the paradise of this world starts with our connection with the Qur’an.
There are many ways to gain closeness to the speech of Allah SWT and one of the most virtuous acts is to memorize the Qur’an. Whoever memorizes Qur’an and acts upon it, Allah SWT will reward him and honor him greatly for that, so that he will rise in status in Paradise.
Virtues of memorizing Quran
Below are some of the many virtues of abundantly reciting, memorizing, and reading the Qur’an;
1. Those who memorize the Quran will be given the highest ranks in Jannah. “It will be said to the one who has memorized the Quran; read, ascend, and recite as you used to recite in Dunya, because your rank would be at the last verse you had read” (Tirmidhi)
2. The parents of the memorizer of the Qur’an will be given the highest honor. In the meaning of the Hadith Prophet Mohammed (PUH) said: “The one who uses to read the Quran and apply what he reads on his actions, his parents on the day of resurrection will be made to wear a crown which has a light that is better than the light of the sun that was in the world, that is the reward of the parents, so what do you expect for the Hafiz himself” (Sunan Abi Dawud).
3. The Qur’an will intercede for the memorizer.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Fasting and the Quran become intercessors to the slave On the day of resurrection ” Fasting comes saying:‘O Allah! I deprived him of food and desires, so accept my intercession for him.’ And the Quran comes saying: ‘He was deprived of sleeping during the night because of me, so accept my intercession for him.’ ….thus they will be intercessors.” [Muslim]
4. The honor of leading the people in prayer. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “The one who should lead people in prayer is the one who memorizes more than the others who will pray with him,” meaning the one who has memorized the most.
5. A person who recites the Quran and has memorized it will be with noble scribes.” ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) stated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The one who reads the Qur’an and memorizes it will be with the righteous honorable Angels in Jannah. And the one who reads the Quran while it’s difficult for him will have two rewards.” (in the meaning of the Hadith)
6. The ones who are superior among you are those who read the Quran and teach it to the others. Uthmaan bin Affan, may Allah be please with him, said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “The ones who are superior among you are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it to others” (Bukhari)
7. Ten rewards for every letter. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Whoever recites a letter from Allah’s Book, then he receives the reward from it, and the reward would be ten like of it. And it’s not that Alif-Lam-Mim is a letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter.” (Tirmidhi)